Episode 3: Debuts
What makes a great debut? That's the central question of this week's episode of "Reel to Reel." Will and Nina each take a dive into the past and choose three debuts that showcase artists at the very beginning of their potential.
- "L.O.V.E. Love" and "Dying Day" by Orange Juice
- "Gassenhauer" by Carl Orff
- "Sour Times" by Portishead
- Audio from "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1974) and "American Beauty" (1999)
- "American Wedding" and "Novacane" (Instrumental) by Frank Ocean
Two friends and arts editors at the Duke Chronicle get together to discuss pop culture. Will talks music, Nina talks film, and together they have a conversation around a new theme each week.